Tea has so much more to give!
Here are some natural and inexpensive tips using tea bags (even brewed ones!):
- For your eyes, place cooled, brewed green tea bags over the eyes to reduce swelling and soothe.
- For fresher breath, gargle using green tea.
- Make a bath by adding green tea bags to soften and nourish the skin.
- Condition your hair with green tea to nourish and soften and use black tea to dye hair.
- For minor burns, apply cooled, wet black tea bags over the affected area to draw the heat out of the burn.
- To get rid of warts, apply cooled, wet green tea bags over the wart for 10 minutes a day.
- To add more flavour to your pasta, add green tea bags to the pot of water, boil and remove before adding the pasta and use black tea bags to make tasty meat marinades.
- Deodorise your hands using dry tea bags after cooking with garlic and onions.
- Degrease your dishes using warm tea water and say goodbye to endless scrubbing.
- To get rid of odours, place dry tea bags in your shoes or bin and brewed tea bags in the fridge.
- To get rid of rodents place damp, brewed tea bags at points of entry as they don't like the smell of tea.
- To polish wood and glass, use damp, brewed black tea bags and wipe over with a dry cloth.
- For a greener garden this summer, add brewed tea bags to your watering can or compost heap to give the plants more nutrients.
So, there you have it, the solution has been under your nose the whole time. Next time you make a cup of Mazawattee Tea and you're about to throw away the tea bag, think again.