Bread never tasted better! Have a go at making this tasty bread using Mazawattee English Breakfast Tea.
- 500g strong whole wheat flour for the bread plus extra for dusting
- 12g fresh yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 375ml water
- 2 tea bags Mazawattee English Breakfast Tea
- Boil 175ml water. Pour it over the tea bags and allow to brew for 3 minutes. Remove the tea bags and leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, sugar and seeds.
- In a smaller bowl, mix 200ml of warm water with 12g of fresh yeast until melted. Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. Add the prepared tea and mix until combined. Add the olive oil. Transfer the bread mixture to a floured work surface and knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Put the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with a plastic wrap. Let the dough rise overnight or at least until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface (sprinkle with additional flour if necessary) and knead the dough until smooth. You can either bake a bread loaf or mini loaves. For mini loaves like in the picture, take a smaller piece of dough and cut it into 6 even parts. Roll out each part to create 6 long strips.
- Place 3 strips vertically on a lightly floured surface. Fold the first and third vertical strips and place the 4th strip horizontally. Unfold the folded strips. Fold the second vertical strip and place another strip horizontally. Unfold the folded strip and continue this process. You want to go over and under with the strips to give a criss-cross look. When all the strips are done, close the edges and tuck them under to form a round bun.
- Bake for around 50-60 minutes until golden or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter and marmalade, together with a cup of warm Mazawattee English Breakfast Tea.