Have a sip of this! This delicious eggnog recipe using Mazawattee Everyday Tea will help you start your holiday celebrations with cheer.
Serves 8 cups
- 700ml whole milk
- 240ml heavy cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, plus more to garnish
- 5 eggs
- 130g cup granulated sugar
- 175ml brandy or rum (optional)
- Whipped cream
- 4 tea bags Mazawattee Everyday Tea
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and the tea bags. Bring to boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat and allow to steep.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar with a hand mixer until well combined and thick. The mixture should have light yellow colour. Slowly whisk in the milk and continue to mix until the mixture is combined and smooth. Add the brandy or rum and stir. Refrigerate overnight.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
- If you want to render your eggnog even more creamy, beat the remaining egg whites until soft peaks form and gently fold into eggnog until combined.