Earl Grey tea and dark chocolate are a winning combination, so have a go at baking this delicious cake!
To make this recipe even easier, everything is made with a cup of 0.2 dL that you would normally use for milk or water.
For the cake
- 1½ cup Mazawattee Earl Grey Tea (room temperature)
- 16g baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp wildberry marmalade
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
For the topping
- 50ml Mazawattee Earl Grey Tea with milk only
- 2 tbsp wildberry marmalade
For the chocolate glaze
- 120g dark chocolate
- 4 tsp milk or water
- 4 tsp sugar
- Small piece of butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare a 20 cm round baking pan by covering it with some butter and flour or use baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tea, water and sugar. With a hand mixer on a medium speed, beat the mixture until combined and the sugar has almost melted. Add the sunflower oil and marmalade. Mix again.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix with a wooden spoon or whisk.
- Divide the cake mixture in to 3 equal parts and bake three layers individually for 20-22 minutes (the cake is done when the toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- Leave to cool completely and assemble the cake by covering each layer with the milk tea mixture for extra moisture, and cover with the marmalade. Repeat for each layer.
- Prepare the chocolate glaze by putting the chopped chocolate, milk/water, sugar and butter in a small pan. On a low heat, mix until the chocolate and sugar are melted and everything is well combined. Leave it aside for 5 minutes then cover your cake.
- Garnish with fresh fruit.