Green tea and white chocolate make for a perfect pair, so have a go at combing them into a delicious cake!
For the cake
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 300g sugar
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 16g baking powder
- 10 tbsp warm Mazawattee Green Tea
For the frosting
- 200g white chocolate
- 500ml heavy cream
- 50ml milk
- 100ml Mazawattee Green Tea
- Add 2 tea bags to 200ml of water. Bring to a boil and allow to brew for 3 minutes. Remove the tea bags and leave to the side.
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg yolks and sugar. With a hand mixer, beat the mixture on a medium-high speed until light yellow and foamy.
- Add 10 tbsp of warm tea to the egg yolk mixture, one spoon at the time and mixing constantly. (The tea should be warm, not hot).
- In a small bowl, sift the flour and baking powder. Add to the egg yolk mixture.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until you get snow-white peaks. Set the hand mixer aside and with a baking spatula, gently mix in the egg whites with the rest of the cake mixture.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a 20cm round baking pan. Divide your mixture into 6 different parts to obtain a thin cake biscuit. If you prefer, you can divide it in 4 layers.
- Bake each layer for 20-25 minutes. It is important not to open the oven while the cake is baking to prevent the cake from collapsing.
- To make the white chocolate whipped cream, fill a medium pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to simmer and place a bowl over the pot (without it touching the water) to create a double boiler. Add the chocolate to the bowl and stir with a wooden spoon constantly until melted. Allow the white chocolate to cool.
- In a large bowl pour in 500ml heavy cream and beat with a hand mixer on a medium-high speed until the whisk begins to create tracks in the cream. Slowly add in the chocolate with the mixer running. Mix everything well until combined.
- Mix the remaining tea with the milk. Start assembling the cake by placing the first cake layer on your serving plate. Cover with 3-4 tbsp of the milk tea mixture. Cover with white chocolate frosting. Repeat until you use all 6 layers.
- Cover your cake with the remaining frosting and decorate. Serve with a cup of Mazawattee Green Tea and enjoy!