Feeling hot? Then this delicious Earl Grey ice cream float is exactly what you need to help cool you down. It's the perfect summer treat!
For the iced tea (2 cups)
- 1 Mazawattee Earl Grey tea bag
- 2 cups water
For the Earl Grey ice cream (10 scoops)
- 4 Mazawattee Earl Grey tea bags
- 500ml heavy cream
- 300ml sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp honey
For the iced tea
- Put the tea bag and 2 cups of room temperature or cold water into a glass container.
- Cold brew the tea by putting the container in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight. This way, you will create a sweeter and smoother tasting tea.
- Remove tea bag.
- Leave to chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
For the Earl Grey ice cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the cream until just bubbly. You don't want to boil the cream, just heat it enough for steeping the tea. Remove from the heat and stir in the tea bags; cover and let sit for 30 minutes. Strain and refrigerate the cream until fully chilled.
- Place a mixing bowl in the fridge to chill as this will help your ice cream to thicken to the desired texture.
- When you're ready to make the ice cream, remove the items from the fridge. Combine the cream, sweetened condensed milk, and honey into the chilled bowl and whip until soft peaks form, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours before serving.
Pour the iced tea into a cup, add 2 scoops of the ice cream and garnish with Earl Grey tea leaves.