If you like Earl Grey and you like chocolate, you've come to the right place. They are quick and easy to make, delicious and perfect for dunking!
Makes 20 cookies
- 2 Mazawattee Earl Grey tea bags
- 290g all-purpose flour
- 115g dark chocolate chip or finely chopped chocolate
- 110g unsalted butter softened
- 100g packed light brown sugar
- 60g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp hot milk
- Steep the tea bags in a small mug of the hot milk for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and the milk and mix until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Gradually add in the flour and mix until a smooth dough forms and then stir in the chocolate.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of the dough and place it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving some space around each ball of dough, until the baking sheet is full. Place the sheet in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before placing the cookies on a wire rack to cool completely.