These delicious Earl Grey sugar cookies make for a perfect festive treat.
- 2 tsp Mazawattee Earl Grey tea
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 100g butter (cold)
- 60g fine brown sugar
- 1 egg (lightly whisked)
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, mix the Earl Grey tea, flour, chopped butter, sugar, egg and salt. With the top of your fingers, knead the dough until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Have two baking paper sheets ready on where you will place the cookies.
- Roll out the dough (4-5 mm thickness) and cut the cookies using cookie cutters. Repeat the process until all of the dough is used.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (as soon as the edges are golden). Remove from the oven and place on wire racks until completely cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.