Where this policy refers to The Mazawattee Tea Company Limited ("Mazawattee Tea", "Mazawattee", "our", "us" and "we"), www.mazawattee-tea.com and www.mazawattee-tea.co.uk ("website"), it refers to how Mazawattee discloses the information it collects about you when you visit this website or when you contact us using the details available on it.
ABOUT THIS POLICY
We appreciate your interest in our products and services and your visit to this website. By using our website and submitting your personal information to us, you consent to the use of your personal information as described in this policy. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable with how we use your personal information. We will not sell any personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following personal information about you.
- This is information about you that you give to us by entering information via our website, our social media pages, corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise and is provided entirely voluntarily.
- To shop with us online, the website uses an order form for the customer to request information, products and services. We collect contact details and financial information to accept and send orders.
- When signing up to the newsletter, to contact us and to review our products and services, the information you give to us includes your name and contact details (e.g. phone number, email address and postal address).
- To open a credit account with us, we use a customer application form. The information you give to us is to establish your correct identity, confirm your ability to pay, to agree to our trading terms and for us to recognise you as a trusted customer. We may collect information received from third parties such as credit reference agencies who may provide us with information about you.
- We may also collect and receive any personal information which you allow to be shared that is part of your public profile on third-party companies and social media networks.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where you have provided consent, we may use and process your personal information for the following purposes.
- To supply newsletters and other materials you have specifically requested from us and general administration including managing your queries.
- To get feedback from you about our products and services (e.g. we may ask you to review a product or service you have bought or used from us).
- To contact you via email, text message, post or telephone with marketing information about Mazawattee, our products, our services and to collect contact details to help us run competitions and promotions.
- To use any social media posts or comments you send to us about our products and services (e.g. Facebook and Twitter) on which they are written and could be made public.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business.
- We may share any data where we are obliged to process the personal information to comply with the law.
- To deal with orders and accounts for the supply of our products and services.
- To enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done to provide you with a high quality of service. We will retain your personal information in accordance with the law and regulation. The longest we will normally hold any personal data is for 6 years.
You have the following rights.
- The right to ask what personal information we hold about you at any time. We may ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information.
- The right to ask us to update and correct any incorrect personal information that we hold about you.
- The right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to withdraw your consent to receive any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in.
You can contact us here with any details you would like us to change about you.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Although Mazawattee is based in the UK, we work with service providers from outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") to help ensure you receive products and services from us. The personal information collected sometimes needs to be transferred, stored and used outside the EEA. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We aim to ensure that all our suppliers take personal information security seriously.
We follow security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access. However, the internet is not a secure environment and we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you send to us.
We also use a secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to allow a secure connection.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If we change our policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this policy. This policy was last updated on 18/04/2018.
If you have any questions, suggestions or complaints about the processing of your personal information, please contact our data protection co-ordinator here. We will try to solve the problem promptly.